Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Another one round Britain


Dylan Winter seems to have set a trend. He is no longer the only one video documenting a circumnavigation of Britain. Nathan Whitworth is sailing his 21 foot Corribee, also a twin-keeler, and his videos are on Youtube, too. There is however quite a difference between the two of them. Nathan's videos are much more personal interest style, while Dylan Winter adds lots of interesting historic, political and environmental background. Also Nathan's taste in music upsets my cat, while Dylan's doesn't. Finally, I have a feeling, Nathan will be done a few years earlier, unless all the gadgets onboard Kudu desert him again...
Nathan's videos are here. He also has a blog.

4 comments:

Morgado said...

Nice blog you have, i'm from Portugal and i also have a Twin-Keeler Silhouette MkII in plywood, check my blog in http://leonora-sii.blogspot.com/.
Thanks
Filipe Morgado

jenku said...

Oh, very nice boat. Unfortunately I don't understand Portugese so I can't read about your adventures!

onKudu said...

haha, thankyou. I ill try and calm the music down a bit :p

Also, I protest. Dylan has three keels! :D

jenku said...

Nathan, you are right of course about Dylan's keels. But you can never have too many keels! :-)

Keep up the good work!