Monday, August 17, 2009

Vivacity pictures


Giles Watling from the UK sent me these pictures of his Vivacity, aptly named "Boat".

His story: " I have a Vivacity 20 (named 'Boat' - not very creative, but apt) which is very similar to your Alacrity which I keep in the Walton Backwaters - Arthur Ransome's 'Secret Water'. We have everything from quiet little creeks to the busy harbours of Harwich and Felixtowe. If you can cope with the tides it's a great cruising ground. I attach a couple of shots from a cruise this spring, one featuring my friend Bob looking mighty relieved after we got out of the way of a very large ferry. Keep cruising - Giles"

2 comments:

captain tuna said...

Dear Sir
When I had a bigger boat, and I went to the boat shop I discovered that the real meaning of BOAT ----is bring out another thousand -----Since I bought a Vivacity I know this is not true as the cost of upkeep of this sloop is very low
Capt Tuna

jenku said...

You are certainly right about that! :)